You might want to be careful what you dispose of in your toilet or sink. Many items can block or clog your sewer line. They can also block or clog our sewer lines, or damage our sewer pump stations.
- Diapers - Don't flush an entire diaper. They can clog your pipes.
- Oils, Fats, and Grease - They don't just clog arteries! They will easily clog pipes. Instead of pouring them in the sink, store them in a container to dispose of.
- Feminine Products - If it is designed to be super absorbent, then it doesn't belong in the toilet.
- Wipes and Paper Towels - These will cause major clogs. It is best to throw them in the trash.
- Hair - Hair will act as a net, catching other waste as it goes down, potentially creating big blockages.
- Paint - Paints should be recycled or disposed of properly. Pouring paint down the sink is a terrible idea.
- Rubber - Items such as rubber gloves and condoms aren't designed to break down. Putting them in the toilet means you are risking a big clog.
- Toys - Your kid thinks it's gone. You know it's stuck. Teach kids to keep items out of the toilet, and keep the lid closed when possible.
- Massive Amounts of Toilet Paper - Toilet paper is great to flush, just not the whole roll at once. Like most things in life, moderation is key.